FOAMSTARS Open Beta Party
Join the foam-blasting frenzy!
STARTS 9.29.2023, 6:00 PM PDT
ENDS 10.01.2023, 11:59 PM PDT
Get ready to join the foam-blasting frenzy in the new 4v4 foam-party shooter, as you blast through battles using foam to attack, build and defend!
- 18:00 PDT, FRIDAY 29 SEPTEMBER 2023
- 10:00 JST, SATURDAY 30 SEPTEMBER 2023
- 01:00 UTC, SATURDAY 30 SEPTEMBER 2023
- 23:59 PDT, SUNDAY 1 OCTOBER 2023
- 15:59 JST, MONDAY 2 OCTOBER 2023
- 06:59 UTC, MONDAY 2 OCTOBER 2023
▶ Playable content: two modes of battle, tutorial, challenges and character customization.
Note 1: It will not be possible to carry over gameplay data from the FOAMSTARS OPEN BETA PARTY into the retail version of the game.
Note 2: Players can join the FOAMSTARS OPEN BETA PARTY any time during the testing period, provided that they fulfill the conditions for participation.
Time to fight foam with foam!
Attack your opponents by dousing them with foam! Hit them enough and they’ll get foamed up, leaving them completely defenseless.
Create 3D battles with mountains of foam, as it builds and alters the terrain around you. Mould the landscape to give your team the upper hand, and keep your opponents on their toes! An exciting new way to battle! Once you’ve got an opponent foamed up, surf at them at high speed to slide kick and knock them out of play! But if someone on your team is foamed up, you can use the slide kick to rescue them and keep them in the match.
- How do I join the Open Beta Party?The Open Beta Party will be only be available to play for free on PS5. Download the game from the PS Store to join the fun and become a Foamstar!
- What platforms will the Foamstars Open Beta Party be available on?The Open Beta Party will be available to play on PS5, but the full game will be coming to both PS4 and PS5.
- Do I need to possess a PS Plus subscription to play the Open Beta Party?No, the Open Beta Party will not require a PS Plus subscription to join.
- Do I need a Square Enix Membership to play the Open Beta Party?No, the Open Beta Party will not require a Square Enix Membership to join.
- Do I need internet access while playing the game?Yes, internet access is required to join the Open Beta Party and play Foamstars.
- What are the conditions for participation?You must have a PS5 and interenet access to join.
- What modes / content will be available in the Open Beta Party?During the Open Beta Party, players will be able to choose from 8 uniquely diverse and vibrant characters, each with their own play style, specialist weapons for shooting foam, and unique but balanced skills to change the direction of the match. Players will be able to experience two modes during the Open Beta Party: "Smash the Star" and "Happy Bath Survival". "Smash the Star" is a team deathmatch mode where the battle rules will change upon one team having seven players knocked out. "Happy Bath Survival" is a survival battle to be the last team standing that also separates the map into outer and inner zones.
- Will players keep their Open Beta progress once the full game launches worldwide?No, progress in the Open Beta Party will not carry over to the full game; however, players who participate in the Open Beta Party will be rewarded with a unique gift that can be redeemed and used in the full game when it launches worldwide.
- When will I get my reward?Players who participate in the Open Beta Party will receive their in-game reward for use in the full game when it launches.
- Will local (splitscreen) play be available in the Open Beta Party?No, only online multiplayer is playable.
- What will the max player/party size be in the Open Beta Party?Players can invite up to 3 players to join their party.
- Which classes will be available in the Open Beta Party?8 characters with unique skills and weapons will be playable in the Open Beta Party.
- My friend is also participating in the Open Beta Party. Can I play with my friends / send a friend request?Yes, you can invite friends via the PS5 menu.
- What territories is the Foamstars Open Beta Party available in?The FOAMSTARS Open Beta Party is available worldwide in all regions supported by the PS Store.
- Can I play with players in other regions or only the region I'm located?Players can party up with their friends located in different regions.
- What languages will be supported in the Open Beta Party?English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, LATAM Spanish, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Korean are supported. The voice languages are English and Japanese.
- Does it cost anything to take part in the Open Beta Party?No, the Open Beta Party is free to all players who fulfill the conditions for participation.